When you are using questions within a presentation, you may branch or redirect a user to a different area of the presentation, different presentation or web link depending on their answer. Branching may be used with any of the formats for the following question types: Examination, Poll.
Note: Only one format for the Survey question type allows branching. This format is: Multiple Choice (choose one only).
To use branching, an author who has the privilege to create questions would take the following steps:
- Edit a presentation
- Add a question
- Select a supported question type, then the format
- Type in your question
- Type in possible answers
- Select the Branching tab
- Highlight one of the answers
- Select one of the radio box options on the right and decide where that response will bring the viewer. You may choose:
- No branching (go to next slide)
- Slide (which brings the viewer to a different slide within the existing presentation)
- Presentation # (which closes the current Brainshark and brings a viewer to a different Brainshark presentation)
- Web Link (which closes the current Brainshark and brings a viewer to another web link)
- Repeat the process for any additional answers that need to be branched, then select Save.