Content Authors and Company Administrators are able to replace existing slides within a Brainshark Presentation using the Replace PowerPoint Slides Feature.
When you just need to replace your current slide images with new or updated slide images, you will want to use the Replace PowerPoint Slides feature from the Things You Can Do menu. This feature will allow you to replace the slide image but maintain any recordings or animation timings set for the slide.
To replace your PowerPoint slides:
- Edit your presentation.
- Choose Replace PowerPoint Slides from the Things You Can Do menu.
- Save the new slides that will be replacing slides in the presentation as their own separate PowerPoint files. This is important, as the number of slides in the replacement file will replace that many slides in the presentation.
- Note: if replacing the entire deck with a new deck, this step is not necessary.
- Browse for the replacement file located on your computer.
- Choose Replace starting at and designate the slide number that corresponds to the slide that needs to be replaced. If you are replacing the entire deck, choose “Replace starting at slide 1”.
- Again, it is important that the number of slides in the replacement file adequately reflects the number of slides to be replaced. Therefore, for example, if you have 3 slides in your replacement deck and you choose to replace starting at slide 7, then slides 7, 8, and 9 will all be replaced.
- If you simply need to add slides to your slide deck, choose Append to existing slides instead. This will cause any slides in your file to be added to the end of your existing slides.
- Click Submit.
- Once the files have finished processing, you will be automatically directed to the Record Audio page. If audio has already been recorded to the presentation, select the option to Skip generating audio in order to be taken back to the Manage Slides page. Otherwise, proceed with recording audio to your new slides.
Notes: Remember to make a copy of your original presentation prior to making any changes.