The Salesforce Usersync feature Brainshark offers is a great way to manage your Brainshark users, Group Membership and inherited permissions and enrollments set at the Group Level. Please see the instructions below and you may use the attachments to help you through the process.
Steps for taking advantage of the Usersync feature.
If you do not have the Manage Integrations option available through Brainshark’s UI in Administration please reach out to your CSM or email@example.com to have it enabled.
Once this is enabled follow these steps.
- Create a Report in Salesforce that contains these fields. (These are the required fields for the Usersync to work
- First Name
- Last Name
- Last Modified (date/time value)
- Profile (recommended but not required)
- You can also add additional fields to the report that you use to populate in the users' fields in the Brainshark UI.
Manager Username (The value must equal the Brainshark username and cannot be the standard Full Name value that Salesforce uses as a default)
Unique Company Identifier
4. Navigate to Brainshark Administration-->Manage Integrations
5. If you do not see an existing Salesforce integration listed, click the Create New Integration Profile button to create a new integration profile.
6. If you do see an existing integration click on the actions menu and select edit.
7. If the fields are not populated, you will need to populate the fields:
Integration Type: Choose Salesforce using the dropdown.
Organization Type: Product or Sandbox from dropdown
8. Click Connect Account:
9. Click the Allow button
10. For this Usersync feature you need to enable the Enable User Sync checkbox
The other options on this page should not be changed as they do not pertain to this Usersync configuration
11. Click the (edit) next to Enable User Sync
12. Populate the report Id field with the report id from Salesforce
13. Map the fields Brainshark Fields are on the left and the Salesforce report fields will be on the right.
Use the dropdown to map the fields and click apply when finished.
14. For Usersync to function your Brainshark account must have at least one Self-Registration profile available. Administration-->Advanced Options-->Self Registration
If there are no profiles listed, then set the Enable Self-Registration to YES
Require company name for Self-Registration= NO
Show Self-Registration link on login page= NO (unless you are using this feature)
Submit the page to have a Default Self Reg User created.
If you want all users created through the Usersync to be created with the same set of permissions and group memberships, then you do not need to add additional user profiles to the list of templates.
- Click on the USER, NEW user profile in the list of template and Click Edit Profile
- Set the group memberships for the users that will be created based on this template user.
- Brainshark recommends that you assign the permissions to folders via the groups instead of via the user permissions
- Any enrollments you want to assign to new users must be done at the group level by enrolling the group in Courses/Curriculums. (Current and Future Members setting for the group enrollment)
If you want users to be created differently then you will need to create new template users with the appropriate group memberships for each variation.
In the Self-Registration template section, there is Profile Name field. This field is used to map the new users to the correct template. The value in this field will need to match the value of the field in the Salesforce that you are using for mapping to the templates.
Please note you do not need to use the Salesforce Profile Name field from the report. You can use any field in the report. We often have customers use the Role or Title field for mapping to the selfreg templates.
If the value of the field in the report does not match one of the values for the SelfReg templates “Profile Name” field, then that user will automatically get associated with the default SelfReg template.
When users are mapped to a self-reg template they will be added to all the groups that template user is a member of. If users are added to groups via the Usersync then if they change to a new SelfReg template (via the Profile Name field mapping), then they would be removed from the groups associated with the previous template and added to the groups associated with the new template.
If a user is added to groups outside of the Usersync via a manual action through the UI or via a User Bulk Upload file, or via the API then that user would not be removed from those groups.
The user sync occurs nightly at approx. 9pm Eastern.
If the date value of the field that is mapped to the Last Modified Date (Brainshark Field) is more recent than the last time the usersync ran (previous evening at 9pm Eastern) then we will update the Brainshark user profile. Any of the Brainshark fields may be updated once we map the SFDC Userid to the Brainshark Userid if the value in the report changes.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact your CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org