If enabled by your Company Administrators, an Activity Creator or Head Coach can create an external Coaching activity that can be completed outside of the Brainshark content portal. This may be accessed through an LMS (via SCORM), a 3rd party application, or via email using a direct link.
To create a new external coaching activity:
- Navigate to your Coaching tab.
- Click the Create button to the right side of your Coaching dashboard and select External Activity.
- Complete the following sections:
- Add a title (required) and instructions (optional)
- Attach content in the instructions section (optional)
- Add participants:
- You can add participants or groups via the Select button in the Participants section.
- To add a group of users, click the Add All button in the Groups tab.
- Add reviewers manually (using the Select button in the Reviewers section) or enable each participants' Manager and/or Coach as their reviewer (by selecting each relevant option)
- Establish the Feedback Criteria and select the Grading System in the Feedback and grading tab.
- Establish the Leaderboard, E-mail, Practice, and Submission type settings in the More tab.
- Select Save to apply your changes.
When an External Coaching Activity is created, you can:
- Select the SCORM package you would like to use with your LMS and click DOWNLOAD.
- Copy the URL link to share the activity with the participants through which they can access the activity.
- Only participants who have an active Brainshark account will be able to participate in this Coaching activity.
- SCORM files created for an external Coaching activity do not pass completion over to an LMS. Since the SCORM file is created from a Coaching Activity which cannot be "completed", a student's completion status would not update in an LMS after uploading their submission.