Bigtincan's Outlook Add-on allows Content Hub users to add Hub content to their emails and to log emails to Salesforce. This means Contacts and emails in Outlook can be logged as part of an:
- Lead in Salesforce
For more information visit https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381777
*Note: The account information requires the field Account Number of an Account object to be visible in Salesforce to log properly.
If you do not have a Salesforce account or choose not to connect one, then the Hub for Outlook app will still enable you to access, view and share Hub content.
To start using the Outlook Plugin, you must first install it.
Install the plugin via the Add-ons in Outlook
- Sign into your Outlook account
- Once signed in, access the settings via the cog wheel on the right hand corner
- Select 'Manage Add-Ins'. On the Add-In screen, search for 'Bigtincan'.
- In the search results select 'Bigtincan Hub for Outlook' > Get it
- The plug-in will be downloaded and installed on the browser.
To test that the add-on has been installed on your browser, click on an email to open it. You should now see a Bigtincan orange icon at the top of the page in the Outlook Ribbon.
Authenticate your Salesforce account
Once you have installed the add-on, you need to authenticate your Salesforce account. If you do not have a Salesforce account or choose not to use one, then the Hub for Outlook app will still enable you to access, view and share Hub content.
- Open an email you want to log to Salesforce and Bigtincan Hub.
- Click on the CRM button. On the right-hand pane, a log in screen will appear. Type in your credentials.
- Bigtincan Hub will then request authentication. Follow the prompts to authenticate your Salesforce CRM account in the Hub.
- You will be taken to the CRM settings screen in the Hub. Under 'Authentication for Salesforce' click the Authenticate button.
- The Salesforce login screen will appear. Enter your Salesforce credentials.
- Make sure that you set the selector to Log email to Salesforce.
You are now ready to log emails to Salesforce and the Hub.
- Click on an email you want to log.
- Click on the Bigtincan Hub logo located on the top right hand side.
- Add your recipient contact information
- Select the file links you want to include in the email
- Select the specific Account or Opportunity you want to link the email communication to which maps it to an activity in that Salesforce object.