Your administrator can install for your entire domain or you can install individually from the GSuite Marketplace. You will still need to authenticate both the Gmail account and the Hub account regardless of which method the App is installed. For more information on the Installation process please visit Installation Bigtincan Hub for Gmail.
Authenticating Gmail and Hub
If your administrator adds the Bigtincan Add-in to your Gmail, you will see the Hub icon on your sidebar of Gmail with other Add-ins. To authenticate:
- Click on the icon to start the authentication process for your Gmail account.
- Once you have linked your Gmail account to the Add-in, you need to login to the Hub with your Bigtincan account.
- Get started by opening up any email in your inbox and make sure that the Hub app is open in the Gmail sidebar--You will see a Login link within the Hub App on the sidebar.
- Click that to authenticate your Hub account to your Gmail account.
Open Bigtincan Hub - This enables the user to open the Hub directly in another browser tab outside of Gmail
Refresh (admin only) - Refresh the app if you notice any performance issues.
Manage Add-on (developer only) - Enables the developer to view the project code and support.
User Name - This is the name and email address that is connected to the Hub account displaying the content.
Log Out - Click this to log out of this connection to the Hub. This will remove your access to content from Hub but will not remove the Add-in. You can log back in with the same username and password or use a different account credentials.
Log emails to Salesforce - Users can activate logging to their Salesforce account within settings. The permissions for Salesforce connections are hosted in their Hub settings. If the username is set up for access to Salesforce in Hub, then the option will be available in Gmail.
When you are viewing an email, you can activate the Add-in by clicking on the Hub icon from the right hand column where your other Add-ins are located.
Search Files - You can search your Hub content by clicking on Search when the side panel opens. Simply add a keyword or phrase to search for content that you are interested in. We search in the file Title, extracted text of the file and tags to show the most relevant files in the list.
See Recommended Files - When initially opening the search, you will see recommended files based on the email you are viewing based on the first few words of the subject line and the body of the email (we do not store these matches).
View the file - You can view a preview of the file, what story the file is attached to in Hub and open the file in a new window by clicking on the file in the list.
When you are composing or forwarding an email, you are able to add one or multiple files to the body of the email and send the email. The app places links to the files in the body of the email so that the recipient simply clicks the link to view the file and see a list of all the files in their browser.
In order to generate recommendations, the app extracts keywords from the subject line. The app is not reading the body of the email in compose mode due to current google restrictions.
Recently Viewed files: Upon open, the app will list the files that the user has recently viewed as a convenience.
Recommended Files: Directly below the Recent Files list, is the list of recommended files. Recommended files are generated based on text in the Subject line. It is not based on information in the body of the email unlike the Recommended files when viewing an email.
Search Files: If a user chooses to search for a file, add a keyword or phrase to generate a list of search results. Search results will be listed directly below to the search bar.
Preview the File - Click on the File Title to open a panel showing a thumbnail of the file cover. On that panel, click preview to open the file into a new window to review.
Select the file(s) - Click the select box for the files you want to include in the email. Then click Attach Selected Files to add the set of files.
Logging an Email - View Mode
Users can log an email they were sent by opening the email in Reader view and selecting which Salesforce object they want to log to. Users are able to search for existing leads, contacts, accounts or opportunities and log the email as an activity for that record.
- *NOTE: When composing an email, you must send the email first and then open your sent mail folder. Select the email you just sent and log it to any of the available Salesforce options.
Log Emails to Salesforce
Log to an Opportunity:
- Select Log against an Opportunity to open the search for Salesforce Opportunities. Add your search criteria and select the one to log to. You have the ability to log to multiple opportunities if desired.
- The email will log as a completed task activity associated with the Opportunity and will contain the body of the email and subject line. It will also log to the Account associated with that Opportunity as an activity.
Log to an Account:
- Search for an Account name.
- You will see a list of the top 25 matching accounts with their owners listed. Refine your search results by adding more to your search phrase or surrounding your search term with double quotes for a specific match.
- The email will log as a completed task Activity associated with that Account.
Log to a Contact:
- When you select Log to a Contact or Lead, the app will try to match the sender email address without manual searching.
- If it finds a Match or Matches, then you can log to that and it will be documented in Salesforce as a completed task activity for that contact or Lead.
- Multiple word phrases in search result in any match for any word for the top 25 matches. If you want to specify an exact match or phrase, then surround it with double quotes.
Log to a Lead:
- When you select Log to a Lead, the app will try to match the sender email address without manual searching.
- If it finds a Match or Matches, then you can log to that and it will be documented in Salesforce as a completed task activity for that Lead.
- You can also search for the name, email address or company name to generate your search results.
*NOTE: To record an email to Salesforce, you will need to log it after it is sent. You will not be able to log it prior to sending.
The Gmail Add-in honors the specific users content permissions and will not show content that is not permitted for that user. To make any changes to permissions, use the features in the Hub.
Files marked as Blocked will not be available for search or viewing via the Add-in.