Automatic thumbnails enable your sellers to quickly engage and identify content that they need by displaying the first page of the file.
How it Works
- The feature automatically shows your users a preview image of the first page of your files when a user is in tile view, or, for image files, a preview of the image file itself for JPGs, GIFs, and PNGs.
- For new files added to Veelo, whether uploaded or synced from a remote repository, the system will automatically generate a thumbnail preview within a few seconds after the file has been added to Veelo. You may upload or sync multiple files at a time, but depending on the number and size of the files, it may take a few minutes for all the thumbnails to appear. Until then, the system will display the default file type icon for the files.
- For existing files, the system will automatically generate thumbnails as part of the deployment process when this feature is turned on for your instance.
File Formats Supported
Currently, supported formats that will have thumbnails automatically generated are:
- Images: JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG
- Microsoft Office: DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX
- Google Docs: Docs, Sheets, Slides
Microsoft Excel files (XLS and XLSX), or TIFF images are not currently supported.
How will the system crop the thumbnails?
After the system generates a thumbnail preview, it will crop from the center. See the images below for examples.
What is the default image for file types not supported?
The default image is the file type icon.
What is the file size supported for automatic thumbnails?
Veelo supports thumbnailing files up to 64 MB. You may upload larger files to Veelo, but we cannot automatically create thumbnails for them.
Are Paks and Collections affected by this feature?
No. Paks and collections require you to add a thumbnail directly.