In this article you will find resources for different topics regarding the MS teams application. Please see below to quick access different areas you might be needing.
- Installing the Application
- Signing-in with your Bigtincan Account
- Content Previews
- Sharing Files in the Bigtincan MS Teams App
Installing the Application
The app can be installed from the Microsoft app store. It may need MS Teams admin approval.
Once the app is installed, you should now be able to Search, Share and receive notifications from Bigtincan Content Hub directly in MS Teams. Below are some instructions that will help to get the best from the app.
Signing-in with your Bigtincan account
There are multiple ways to sign-in into the app:
Using the welcome message
- Once you add the Bigtincan for MS Teams app, a welcome message will appear in the chat section of the app showing a Sign In button.
- Click on the Sign-in button and follow the prompts.
- Note: You may be asked to select the region if this has not been pre configured for your tenant by Bigtincan.
- You would be taken to Bigtincan Identity where you can login using your Bigtincan account. This login page would display the SSO options as configured for the Bigtincan account.
- Upon successful login, you would be redirected to the MS Teams App automatically in 5 seconds. Alternatively, you can click on the “Redirect now” button.
- You will be taken to the messaging tab of your MS Teams App with an introductory messaging providing you with a summary of the functionality that the app provides.
Using the Sign-In command
- There is a Sign-in command included in the Bigtincan for MS Teams App, type “sign-in” in the message box and press send.
- You can press the “Sign in” button in the message and after choosing the region you will be taken to Bigtincan Identity (or your nominated SSO) where you can sign in.
- Upon successful authentication, you will be redirected back to the app with an introductory message providing you with a summary of the functionality that the app provides.
- Once you are signed in with your Bigtincan account, you would be able to see Content previews for Content Hub story and file links shared in any of the MS Teams conversations.
Note: You would only be able to see previews for content that you have access to.
- The content previews work for both stories and files.
- Story displays Title, Date Published, Excerpt and the Thumbnail
- File previews display Name, Date Published, Excerpt and the Thumbnail
Searching for files in the Bigtincan app
There are a multiple ways to search in the Bigtincan MS Teams App:
Using the app tray in the compose message area
- Click on the 3 dots in the compose message area and then select the Bigtincan app
- Type the name of the file you want to search for and results should appear in the search section below
- Click on the file and press enter, you would now be able to open the file in Hub or Share it using further options.
Using the top search bar
- Mention “@bigtincan” on the top search bar and click on the Bigtincan App displayed
- Type the file name that you would like to search for and results will appear in the search section.
Sharing files in the Bigtincan app
- Bigtincan MS Teams App provides a quick and easy way to share content in Bigtincan right from the MS Teams app. You can search for desired content and get shareable links.
- In the search results, you would see a Share button with each result once you click on it. You can click on the “Share” button against the file that you would like to share.
- This would bring up the share modal and give you 2 options to choose from.
- Internal Share link - This is intended for sharing content internally i.e. existing users in Content Hub. You will be provided with a link that you share with desired users.
- External Share link - This is intended for sharing content externally i.e. users outside of Content Hub. You will be provided with a link that you share with desired users.
You would be receiving notifications in the Chat tab when the content shared by you has been viewed, downloaded or forwarded.
Note: Notifications are not turned on by default and have to be enabled on request.
Signing out of the Bigtincan app
- There is a Sign-out command included in the Bigtincan MS Teams app
- Click on the Sign-out command and send the message, this will log you out of the Bigtincan account.