Groups divide users into their functional/role based categories, allowing administrators to communicate with and deliver content to specific target groups.
This allows more potent information targeted towards a relevant audience. Depending on business type, groups may be divided by job functions or locations(ie. Sales Reps, Sales Managers, or West Coast, East Coast etc.)
- Select the Users tab from the main menu on the left side of the screen.
- Navigate to the "Groups" Tab.
- Select the "New Group" option at the top of the screen.
- This will prompt the following window: Fill in the appropriate information. Enable the "Active Toggle" and select the Save Option at the top right of the screen to generate the New Group.
Add Users to Groups
- Navigate to the Users Tab.
- Select the User intended for the group .
- Navigate to the "Groups" section in the user's profile: Select the "Add to Groups" option in the top right of the section.
- Select the Group to which the user will be added.
Smart Groupsis a powerful user management tool which allows administrators to build dynamic groups based on a variety of parameters. Smart groups target specific users who meet the conditions at any period of time, as opposed to a group which remains the same over time.
Create a Smart Group
- Enter a name for your Smart Group.
- Set to active.
There are different property types to build with which to build a query. These are broken down based on the different areas of the system:
- Viewed Media
- Submitted Forms
- Alternatively, administrators can search for properties of users.
- After adding each requirement clickdone.
- Once finished building a smart group clickSaveand users will populate in a list below.