This guide is needed when setting up a new Android for Work/Android Enterprise environment within MobileIron Core.
- Log into your MobileIron Core system
- Go to the Services> Google tab
- Click the Support Portal link (https://help.mobileiron.com/home/home.jsp), then go to the Android enterprise Enrolments tab.
- Click Begin for the Recommended Setup
- Then click Submit to be taken to Google's site to associate a Google account with Android Enterprise. Complete the steps outlined on the Google Site and then download the .json file to download.
- Return to the MobileIron Core page, and upload your new .json file on the right hand side, then click Connect
- It should now look something like this. Optionally choose whether your applications install via Apps@Work or Google Play.
- Navigate to the Apps Catalog, and tap Add+, then select Google Play and enter 'Bigtincan' as the search text:
- Select 'Bigtincan Hub' and click Next. Follow the steps, then on this screen ensure Install this app for Android Enterprise is selected
- Scroll down and you can then setup the configuration settings for different MobileIron groups, or just configure the default settings, for example:
- Then click Finish
- Now select the checkbox next to the Bigtincan Hub application in the list, and choose Actions→Apply To Labels, then select Android
- On your MobileIron Core attached device, run the Mobile@Work application - if you haven't done this previously, it should prompt you to encrypt/reboot your device to set up the Android Enterprise profile. Otherwise it will just update the application/configuration settings
- Select the menu in the top left and choose Apps@Work - depending on your distribution setting in step 8, it may take you to the Google Play Store.
- Select 'Bigtincan Hub' and tap Install
- Note when running the application from the Android applications menu, only the Bigtincan hub icon with the suitcase in the corner is enabled for Android for Enterprise