Selecting the Stories tab under the Create Menu will direct users to a new story creation. Here users can work through an entirely customizable story set up starting with the story's title.
To name/edit the name of a story, users will click in the text box labeled "Title". Type in the desired title.
Directly to the left of the title, a user can add cover art relevant to their story. Simply click the box containing the neutral image and users will be redirected to the image library. Here users can browse images based on a variety of categories such as " Business" or "Charts" and many more.
Once a user has found an image they would like to display, they simply click the image and the image will appear as the new cover art. User's can change the cover art at anytime.
Users must designate which channel they would like their story to appear. By clicking the "Please select a channel" button directly below the title, users will navigate through the Tab > Channel hierarchy to select the channel.
Enable Publish Time: If enabled, the author can specify a particular time they want the story to be published.
Enable Expiry Time: If enabled, the author specifies how much time will lapse before the story is archived.
Users can add a description in the section directly below the Publishing/Expiry Time section. Click in the text box titled "Description" and add a description.
The toolbar at the top of the Description text box allows for a variety of customizations.
1. Font Style: Users can select select a font by clicking the first option in the toolbar.
2. Font Size: Users can select the size of their font with the second option in the toolbar.
3. Bold: Users can bold their type by selecting the third option (The Bolded B) in the toolbar. Either select before typing the desired bold information or highlight the information and select the Bolded B.
4. Italicized: Users can italicized desired font by selecting the fourth option (The slanted vertical line) in the tool bar. Either select before typing the desired italicized information or highlight the information and select the slanted line.
5. Underline: Users can underline their text with the fifth option (The capital, underlined U) in the toolbar. Either select before typing the desired underlined information or highlight the information and select the underlined U.
6. Alignment: Users can select a different alignment for their description. Select the sixth option (The series of horizontal lines) and select an alignment pattern.
7. Spacing: Users can customize the spacing for their description. Select the 7th option (Three horizontal lines) in the tool barand select the spacing size.
8. Increase Indent: Users can determine the degree of indent on a particular line with the 8th option (A right way facing arrow followed by a series of horizontal lines) on the tool bar. Select the line and click this option once or multiple times until the desired indent rate is achieved.
9. Decrease Indent: Users can decrease the degree of indent on a particular line with the 9th option (A left way facing arrow followed by a series of horizontal lines) on the tool bar. Select the line and click this option once or multiple times until the desired indent rate is achieved.
10. Font Color: Users can select a color for their font with the 10th option (Capital A over a bar of selected font color). The color, default, is black.
11: Highlight Color: Users can select a color of highlight with the 11th option (Marker over a bar of selected color). BY default the color is white.
12 Numbering: The 12th option (A series of three lines preceded with squares) add numbering to the description. A new number will appear when the author presses "Enter."
13. Bullets: The 13th option (A series of lines preceded with small dots) add bullets to the description. A new bullet will appear when the author presses "Enter."
14. Linking: The final option on the toolbar (Two intertwined circles) allows for the addition of a link to the description. The author simply copies and pastes the web address desired and the link will appear in the description.
Just below the description, users have the ability to add a variety of files to the story. Click the "Add Files" button in the middle of the section. Here users can select either "External Files" or "Files"
External Files: A user can add external files that have been saved to their device through this option.
Files: Users may browse the existing files in the Hub and add them to their story. They simply navigate through theTabs > Channels > Stories > Files until they find the desired file. Select the file and tap the "Add" button at the bottom right of the menu.
All the added files will appear, in order they were added, in the "Add Files" section.
Users can add tags to their story. This will help other users find their story if relevant to the search. A user can either type their own tag, or select from the list of suggested tags. Users can add as many tags as they see fit. For more tips on tag construction see Adding Tags to Stories
Directly below the "Add Tags" section is the "Meetings" section. Here, users can create a meeting associate with their story. Click the "Create Meeting" button in the middle of the section and a user will see options to set a meeting. They will specify the meeting title, whether or not the meeting will last all day, and the start and end time. Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the menu to save the meeting.
Selecting the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the cover art will prompt users to the Options Menu. This menu includes several toggle options including:
|If enabled, this requires other users to provide a password before accessing the story.
|If enabled, the story can be shared.
*There are additional sharing customizations.
1. Native Device Sharing:If enabled, users can share the story through methods available to their device. such as email, social media, and more. There are options to add a LinkedIn and Twitter profile.
2. Limit # of downloads per file: If enabled, the author can define how many times a file can be shared.
3. Expire links to files in # days: If enabled, the author can define how many days the files are able for sharing.
4. Description Sharing:If enabled, the description will be included when the story is shared.
|If enabled, allows users to make notes on the story.
|If enabled, any updates or edits will appear to users following the story.
|Restrict location of Opening
|If enabled, only users within a specified distance from the geolocation will have access.
Click the "Add Location" button, type in an address, specify the radius, and click save.
Once the story is complete, users must finalize their progress by clicking the publish button (The upward facing arrow) in the top right corner of the screen.