With Veelo for Outlook, you can access and share content using your Outlook account and track how your prospects and customers interact with it.
- Quickly and easily access your shareable content.
- Add trackable links to your email.
- Have your sharing activity automatically logged to your Salesforce opportunity, contact, or lead.
- See engagement activity including views, opens and prospect forwards.
To use the Veelo for Outlook add-in, you need:
- Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016
- A PC running Windows 7, 8, or 10
- If your company policy allows you to install Outlook add-ins, you should have received an executable file from your customer success manager. Double-click on it and follow the instructions for the executable file, then restart Outlook.
If your company policy requires your network administrators to install Outlook add-ins, wait until they have pushed Veelo for Outlook to your computer, then restart your computer.
- You'll be prompted to sign in to Veelo. Provide your Veelo credentials, and click OK.
- You are now logged in to Veelo and will not be prompted for your login credentials again. Next, you will need to specify your custom Veelo subdomain to ensure your email notifications work properly. If you're unsure what your custom Veelo subdomain is, please ask your Veelo administrator. It's typically [companyname].veeloapp.com.
To change your Veelo subdomain, click on the File tab in Outlook, then go to Options and then Add-Ins. In the Add-ins section, scroll down until you see Veelo Outlook Add-In, and select it. Click on the Add-in Options button.
Change the URL in the Address section, then click OK. Again, if you're unsure what your custom Veelo subdomain is, please contact your Veelo administrator.
- Create a new email message, and click on the Share Content - Veelo button on the toolbar in the Message section. This will open your Veelo for Outlook sidebar, which contains all of your organization's shareable content.
- To search for content, click on the magnifying glass, type in your search terms, and hit Enter to see your results. To exit search, click on the X in the search bar to clear it, and hit the magnifying glass again.
- To filter through your content, click on the filter icon on the upper right, next to the magnifying glass, to open your filter options. Select your filters, then click on Show Results.
To clear your filters so you see all content again, click on the Filter icon, click on the Clear button, and hit Show Results again.
- To add content to your Favorites section, simply click on a heart. To remove content from your favorites, click on the heart again.
To access your Favorites, click on the Shareable Content menu to expand it, then click on Shareable Favorites.To go back to all content, click on the menu again, and select Shareable Content.
- Click on the individual items you'd like to share, then click on the Insert Links button when done. This will insert share links into your Outlook compose window.
NOTE: It is important to leave your links, including the icons, as-is for the tracking to work properly.
- Customize your email, and send it when done.
- If you ever need to change your Veelo login credentials, click on the File tab, then go to Options and then Add-Ins. in the Add-ins section, scroll down until you see Veelo Outlook Add-In, and select it. Click on the Add-in Options button.
- Make the changes you need, then click on the Validate button. Once the system has re-validated, click on OK.
Does Veelo alert me when my prospect views my email?
Yes, you’ll receive a notification by email and in the notifications section of the Veelo app in the CRM.
Does Veelo capture forward activity of my audience?
Yes, if your contact uses theSend to a Colleague button in the top right corner. However, if your prospect forwards the content using their email client, you will not receive any additional information. If you are interested in requiring users to enter their information before they access the content you’ve shared with them, please contact us.
What types of content can I share?
You can share all content types in Veelo.
Does my activity record in Salesforce? How does this work?
Yes, the activity is recorded in Salesforce in the following order of priority:
- First, the Opportunity if it has an email associated with the content.
- If no Opportunity exists, then the activity is recorded in the Contact record.
- If no Contact record exists, then the activity is recorded in the Lead record.
What happens if I share multiple emails to the same recipient?
If you share multiple emails, Veelo records one sharing activity. This helps keep your reporting clean on the idea the Seller is performing only one action.
Can I limit downloads?
No, not at this time.
Can I limit how or if my audience forwards my email?
No, not at this time.