Once a student has completed a course or curriculum, you cannot remove them from the course with the 'Remove Student' option as they will retain their completion status.
In order to remove a student from a course or curriculum, you must first re-enroll them to reset their completion status to 'Enrolled'. At that point, they can be removed from the course or curriculum.
To remove a student who has already completed a course or curriculum:
- Navigate to the Learning tab.
- Select Authoring and from the dropdown menu, select My Courses & Curriculums.
- Find the course or curriculum the student needs to be removed from.
- In the Actions column, select the 3 vertical dots and then select Enroll Students from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Enrolled Students section, locate the desired student(s), and mark the checkbox to the left of the name(s).
- After, click the Re-Enroll Student(s) option above in blue lettering.
- A window will populate where you can choose to re-send the course/curriculum invitation e-mail.
- Scroll down and click Submit to officially Re-enroll the student.
- Next, locate the desired student(s), and mark the checkbox to the left of the name(s).
- After, select the Remove Student(s) option above in blue lettering.
- A window will populate with information on deleting the enrollment(s).
- Click Delete to remove the enrollment(s).
*Note: Once a student is removed from the course or curriculum they will no longer have access to it unless/until they are enrolled again.