If your recorded audio fluctuates in volume, or becomes louder/softer as the slide progresses, you may need to adjust the hardware acceleration settings in your microphone and browser.
Once the hardware acceleration is disabled, you will be able to re-record the audio without fluctuations in volume.
In order to disable hardware acceleration for your microphone in your computer settings:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for "audio" and click manage audio devices.
Double-click on your primary audio device to bring up the speaker/headphones properties dialog, and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Locate the option labelled “Allow hardware acceleration of audio with this device” and uncheck this option if available.
- Click OK to save changes.
- In the top right corner of the Chrome browser, select the three vertical dots.
- Select Settings.
- On the left side, select Advanced, and then select Accessibility.
- Toggle the Use hardware acceleration when available in the System section of Accessibility