Content Authors are able to add Closed Captions to a presentation so long as the Company Administrators have it enabled for your site. For more information on how a Company Administrator can enable this feature site-wide, please review the following article: How to enable Closed Captions for your organization’s Brainshark site
The author will first need to create and upload a .webvtt file for each of their desired slides that Brainshark can use to display Closed Captions. These files tell the presentation what text blocks to show, when they should appear, and how long to show them for.
To upload WebVTT closed captions to a presentation:
- Create your WebVTT files containing your captions, one file for each desired slide (See How to Create a WebVTT File)
- In Brainshark, edit the presentation and under the Things you can do panel select Manage Slides
- Edit the slide you wish to add the captions for
- Under Slide Properties select Upload at the bottom (see below):
(Note: If you do not see this, that means your Administrators do not have Closed Captioning enabled for your site)
- Select the .WebVTT file associated with this slide
- Click Save or Apply
- Repeat Steps 3-6 for any additional slides you'd like to add captions to.
- As an alternative, you can instead enable slide notes in your presentation to display on the page which will allow the viewer to read the text of the slide without needing to upload a WebVTT file. This could be helpful if any existing PowerPoint slide notes were uploaded to Brainshark when creating or updating your presentation.
- Currently, the font used for the display of closed caption is Museo Sans and it set to 13.5 pt.