If you log into your Brainshark account and do not have the option to create a new presentation, your authoring permissions set in your user profile may not be properly set to give you this ability.
For a user to see the Create option in their account, both actions will need to be performed by a Company Administrator with your organization:
- The Authoring privilege enabled in their user profile
- Authoring permissions to at least one content folder
Company Administrators, see the steps below on how to allow users to see the Create option:
- Navigate to Administration.
- Click on Users from the left hand Settings menu.
- Click Manage Users from the Users drop down menu.
- Locate the user whose permissions you are looking to edit and select the horizontal Ellipses from the far right when hovering over the user.
- Select Roles & Privileges from this menu.
- Scroll down to the User privileges section and ensure that Author slider is enabled, or switched to the right.
- Optional: You can also select "Create a personal authoring folder for this user" from the User properties section to provide this user with their own unique content folder
- Click Save in the top right.
- Select Folder Permissions from the user tabs at the top of the Manage Users page.
- Checkmark each box to the left of the folders you will be granting authoring access to, and select the Pencil Icon to edit the folder permissions for this user.
- Click the second dropdown menu labeled Permission, and select Author.
- Optional: Below this permission you can choose to apply these permissions to the subfolder of this parent folder also
- Click Save.
Note: If you do not know who your Company Administrator is, please create a ticket with Brainshark Support so that a Customer Support Representative can reach out to your Administrator with your request.